Skill Development :
It is india's good fortune that 65% of its vast population is under the age of 35. If this workforce has skills, they will become an opportunity for us. We can be world's human resource capital. Prime minister narendra modi launched skilling india mission on 15th july 2015 with the objective of skilling approximately 40 crore youth by 2022.Renaissance has embarked upon its skill development initiative to contribute positively towards this objective. Accordingly, its first skill development centre has been established in Bhubaneswar.
To be a globally recognised centre of excellence in the domain of skill development catalysing sustainable livelihood with emphasis on marginalised sections of society.
Following visionary target will be achieved by the year 2022:-
- To have appreciable presence in the national and international level in the skill development domain 2022
- Target to train 25000 unemployed youth in a year.
- Partner with govt, corporates and like - minded educational institutes and social entrepreneurs.
- Special focus on:-
- Empowering women.
- Empowering persons with disability.
- Empowering youth from areas infested with extremist violence.
Following will be the objectives of the project:-
- Mobilise unemployed youth to take up skill training and become employable to earn their livelihood.
- Increase the productivity of the existing workforce by upgrading their skills.
- To prevent unemployed youth from joining anti- social and anti- national activities.
- To provide opportunities to women and encourage them to join the skilled workforce.
- To devise innovative methods to skill persons with disability to make them suitably employable.